Two years ago we established a product development team in Montevideo and are looking for a Technical Director to support their growth, help drive our vision and mission forward as we expand into new markets around the globe. You will be the most senior member of staff in Montevideo and expected to lead by example, help build on the continuous improvement culture that has developed in the region and help us grow the business in the region.
You will be working with the Delivery Team Manager based in London, the Operations Manager, Product Owner and Technical Project Manager all based in Montevideo. In addition there are other senior partners inside our group of companies based across the globe who you will be required to work with. You will have to forge new relationships and support a well established agile team that is successfully delivering against business objectives.
We have a solid technical foundation for our products that we are now enhancing to provide better cross product support for our customers. We have a big ambition to remain the market leaders by developing new services and features that utilize the latest tech trends.
Our business has multiple work streams that the product development team support from Montevideo, you will be accountable for the smooth running of these and 24/7 availability of our platform.
We want to expand our customer base and you work with the Managing Director in early stage meetings to develop strategic partnerships and help pitch to potential new clients to help deliver revenue growth.
Knowledge, skills & experience required for this role:
- Five plus years managing agile development teams to deliver enterprise grade products.
- Main frameworks used: ASP.NET Core / Web API / Entity Framework / REST, UI Frameworks (ReactJS or similar).
- Main databases: SQL Server, Mongo DB, Redis, Graph DB, Arango DB.
- Basic and enterprise design patterns: Gang of Four Design Patterns, S.O.L.I.D Principles, User Role Authorization / Authentication / Single Sign On / JWT, Distributed Caching, Distributed Queuing, Concurrency (Data CRUD operations).
- Development practices: Asynchronous Events/Notifications, Unit / Integration Test, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development.
- Cloud and other environment knowledge: GIT / Continuous integration / Continuous Delivery, Redis / Azure Cache, OAuth 2.0 / Identity, Cloud Experience (Azure or AWS), Microservices Architectural Considerations / Containerised infrastructure.
- Practical experience designing publicly accessible APIs.
- Implementing Safeguards Against OWASP Top 10 Web Application Security Risks.
- Businesses orientation to drive revenue growth.
- Business level English.
- Experience working with agile remote teams and stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Working knowledge of Toyota Kata.
- Able to communicate technical jargon in a way a non technical person will understand.
- Availability to travel when required.
QDOT provides world leading adtech solutions to enable the optimization of digital out of home (DOOH) campaign management. Our mission is to provide industry leading platforms that enable advertisers and agencies to simply and efficiently manage, measure and deliver smarter digital OOH campaigns at scale.
We have three products that have developed over the last ten years and used by tier one advertisers across the globe. The products are:
- FileDrive: Provides efficient management and quality assurance for creative workflows.
- OpenLoop: Delivers dynamic creative optimization to multiple publisher networks.
- PlayTrack: Aggregates the proof of play data from multiple publishers so advertisers can easily measure the performance of their media spend.
Our culture is defined as; collaborative, open, passionate, innovative and playful. All team members must support these values proactively, personally and together. Our culture is woven into everything we do and we have a desire to continuously improve.
With offices in London and New York, Grand Visual with its subsidiary QDOT is expanding its operations in Montevideo, providing services to the entire world in the DOOH area. We invite you to be part of this unique and pioneering project in our market.